• April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Natalie Choi
Natalie Choi

Natalie Choi is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as Staff Writer this year. When she is not in school she enjoys spending her free time with her friends by...

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

PCA North Puts Some Pep in their Step

The kids are chanting, teachers are dancing, the cheerleaders tumbling, the band is rumbling, the lights are flashing, and everyone is asking…WHO’S GOT SPIRIT?!?

Prestonwood North celebrated their very first pep rally in 2018. With all ages in attendance, the teachers, parents, and students showed off their PCA pride with all kinds of fun performances., The adults were given an itinerary of the happenings of the event when they walked in the gym doors. They were more than ready to put on a show.

The first pep rally consisted of fun dancing for all ages. The students participated in the Cha-Cha slide, Cupid Shuffle, YMCA, Macarena, Church Clap, and even a group Floss. First grade student Kendall Morris said, “School spirit is doing the Floss together.” Later in the pep rally, the middle school teachers also showed off their own dance moves. Together they performed their own rendition of “Saints” by Andy Mineo.

During the pep rally, North was also joined by Plano’s Middle School cheerleaders with Eighth grade student Laura Poole from North showing them how it’s done. They were also accompanied by the Plano drum line and POM Squad with amazing routines to get them into the school spirit. There were a couple of young gymnasts from PCA North who did tumbling passes to wow the crowd. Math teacher Mrs. Angela Tutt said, “I wish I could tumble like Jenna Mathews!” They also introduced the athletes from various sports, announced by the enthusiastic emcee.

But past all the loud music and crazy student spirit was a very important message, “One body for his glory.” Mr. Wright wants his students at North to know that school spirit is more than the exciting performances and fancy dances. It is about being together and celebrating the amazing school they get to attend. “They bring you all together as one school, united for one purpose. We get to show our love and support to our athletic teams and showcase their talents,” explains Mrs. Tutt.

At the first pep rally for the North Campus the students got their first taste of being in a pride. Now, to kick off 2019, North had another loud and proud pep rally on January 24. It is amazing how an event like this can bring a school together to celebrate community and give glory to the Lord through it all. We can’t wait to see what’s next for PCA North, but these events are a fun way to put some pep in their first step for promoting school spirit.

Jaden Mathews
Jaden Mathews, "Up North" Staff Writer
Jaden Mathews is a Sophomore staff member of LionNationOnline, she serves our staff as our "Up North" Staff Writer, focusing on the happenings at our PCA North Campus. This is her first year on staff, and she is excited to be a part of LionNationOnline!