Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

The Greatest Show

Numerous students from different schools take part in the Fall Follies production that is put on by Prestonwood Baptist Church.
Leighton Strawbridge

Numerous students from different schools take part in the Fall Follies production that is put on by Prestonwood Baptist Church. After months of rehearsals, students spent a weekend preforming for several audiences. The purpose of the show is to raise money for Summer choir mission trips; additionally, by participating in Fall Follies students build camaraderie and have fun.

Senior Ashton Lott has participated in Fall Follies for six years, with this being her final year. Ashton said, “You make so many new friends and memories. I will miss it.” Most of the Senior girls performed in a Motown number which included throw-back songs from multiple eras. Ashton said, “My favorite dance this year was ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.’ There are so many of us and we all get going and it’s so fun.” A change this year was that the show was moved to the North Campus instead of taking place at the usual location of the Plano Campus, due to construction. Ashton said, “It’s a little far so that was kind of tough, but it was fun doing something new!”

Junior Katy Jacobs was excited to be a part of the opening number this year. She loved being in Thoroughly Modern Millie. Katy said, “My favorite part was getting to do dress rehearsals with everyone in costume.” Rehearsals served as a boost to get everyone organized and excited for the show.

Freshman Libby Dastugue was excited to finally be a part of the high school numbers this year. Libby said, “Being in high school dances just adds to the fun because there’s even more people and the dances are more fun!” Like Katy, Libby also had the chance to participate in the opening number. Libby said, “Show week can be stressful but in the end, it is so much more fun to see all of the dances come together to form such an amazing show.” The students all rallied around each other and watched each other in each number. The student choir became one big family as they cheered each other on.

Senior Ethan J. Lee also closed out his time participating in Fall Follies. He was featured as a singer and dancer and performed in several numbers of the production. Ethan said, “My favorite number was The Greatest Showman, because it was harder in choreography and timing, and it was fun. The North Campus provides a bigger stage, but a farther drive.” Even though it was a change for the students, they enjoyed getting to be together and perform in a new place. Whether they help backstage, perform, or come and watch the show, Fall Follies is an event that students look forward to be a part of each Fall.

Ashley Wilson
Ashley Wilson, Staff Writer
Ashley Wilson is a Senior staff member of LionNationOnline, she serves our staff as a Staff Writer. She is the captain of the Pom Squad and enjoys dancing under the Friday night lights. During the spring, she participates in the PCA musical and serves as dance captain. Ashley is excited to cover all things PCA!