Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

Justin is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. He serves as a Sports Editor. He enjoys basketball and football, and also loves music and fashion.

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Prosper On the Way to Prosperity

In early 2018, “The Gates of Prosper” entertainment area was under construction and since then has gradually welcomed the people of Prosper.

Are you getting tired of driving twenty minutes to get groceries? Do you hate that the nearest Chick-fil-A is far away? Do you wish your burger craving could be fulfilled, without your gas running on empty? These are the questions that the residents of Prosper have been asking themselves for a long time. And finally, they have received their answer. In early 2018, “The Gates of Prosper” entertainment area was under construction and since then has gradually welcomed the people of Prosper.

With the growing population of Prosper it is hard to keep up with the number of families moving into the city. Some older Prosper residents do not like the rapidly growing city and the sudden build up. However, for many families, The Gates of Prosper has been a good addition to the area. Sixth Grade PCA North student Kaitlyn Kouba said, “It only takes three-to-five minutes to get to The Gates of Prosper from my home.”

Although not comparable to the “Shops at Legacy,” down the Dallas North Tollway, it is the perfect size to accommodate the small yet sociable city. In The Gates of Prosper, there is a variety of places to stop and shop in the area. Some restaurants include the widely popular Chick-fil-A, Whataburger, Texas Roadhouse, Salsa, Peach Wave, Chili’s and Smoothie King. There are also many places to shop such as Old Navy, Kirkland’s, Rack Room and Bath and Body Works. Moreover, there are a few particular places that make the new add-on even more convenient for Prosper families such as Walmart and PetSmart.

As The Gates of Prosper extends across the street, it is hard to miss the Dick’s Sporting Goods and Field and Stream. These stores really catch the fishermen casting their lines and players running the ball. This is one strong example of Prosper’s growth. Not only has it made it easier to find good food for a late night, but it has also enhanced the ease of grabbing groceries on a Sunday after church. This new entertainment area is a big support to the community.

The Gates of Prosper has indeed opened the “gates” for creating a more social and friendlier environment in the city. People come here to be together, whether that be celebrating a win at Mooyah or getting together with family for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Specifically, the Gates not being far from the North Campus makes it an easy place for families to hang out, to spend time together, and to join in fellowship. Kaitlyn said, “The best thing about The Gates of Prosper is definitely the food.”

Whether it is realized or not, the addition of The Gates of Prosper has really begun to make a change in the lives of Proper’s residents. It has removed the issues of time-consuming drives, unsatisfied hunger, and missed opportunities to grow as a community.