Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Friday, August 30, 2018

LUNCH
1st line – Italian sausage with peppers/onions
2nd line – soft pretzel bar

US Students, next Tuesday, September 4 is Upper School Curriculum Night and our first Chalice Event!  Please remind your parents to be in attendance for this important night.  We will be showcasing our Minimester options from 5:45 until 6:20pm and the General Session will begin at 6:30pm in the New SLC.  Parents will follow your course schedule and visit all of your teachers. 

Seniors, reminder to check your email daily for important information relating to your senior year!    Senior makeup dates for yearbook photos are September 8 and September 22. 

ITS Members – forms for state were due on Wednesday.   Please turn them in asap if you haven’t done so already.   Also, sweatshirt order forms are due on Friday.

Spirit Day Friday!   Peace out the Wylie High School Pirates!

Image result for peace tie dye clipart
PCA Upper School “themed” Spirit Day is this Friday, August 31.  Our spirit theme is Friday is “Tie-Dye”. 
Students may wear any tie-dye t-shirt with jeans or you may wear a PCA Spirit Shirt with jeans. (Note – jeans are to be denim (no colored or white)
and have no holes, rips, tears or frayed ends please!

ELECTIVE SCHEDULE CHANGES:
Elective changes only (on a space available basis) will end this Friday, August 31, 3:00 pm.  Forms can be picked up in the Guidance office or with Mrs. Holden.  The form will need to be signed by the student, teacher and the parent and returned to the Guidance office.  If a change can be made, students will receive an e-mail from Mrs. Sparks ([email protected]).  Forms will not be accepted after FRIDAY at 3:00 pm.

LSP EnrollmentIf you are interested in participating in LSP there is an online application at: https://pca.brushfire.com/pca/445835 *Important note* Online application deadline is September 4.

STEM Honors Program Kick-Off Meeting/Information Session/Dinner. It is time to kick-off this year’s PCA STEM Honors Program.  This includes both re-enrolling last year’s members in addition to adding new members.  Students interested in joining, please plan to attend our kick-off meetingthis
Thursday night (August 30) at 6 to 7 pm in the Horner Conference Center
.  This is a required meeting for students, and parents are also invited to attend. To help with everyone’s busy schedules, this kick-off will be a pizza dinner meeting.  We will have plenty of pizza and drinks for everyone who attends.  If you are interested in joining but unable to attend this kick-off meeting, you will have until September
10 to submit your application to Mr. Sedgass.
  Applications are available at the STEM bulletin board just outside the doors of our upper school library.

We are preselling tickets for this Friday’s Football Game in the Athletic Office.  You can check in at the Leadership Desk during school hours or you can come to the Field House Administrative Entrance (in the back off the plaza) after school until 5pm.
PRESALE TICKETS
$3.00 Students
$5.00 Adults
Regular Price at the Gate: $8.00