Filed under Cub's Corner

Dear George

Second grade ready to celebrate President's Day with traditional "Let George Do It" musical

Coach Chris Cunningham makes a guest appearance as George Washington for

Coach Chris Cunningham makes a guest appearance as George Washington for "Let George Do It."

photo from Lion's Lair archives

photo from Lion's Lair archives

First in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of our second graders. Colonial costumes, white wigs and George Washington himself can all be found at the upcoming musical “Let George Do It.”

Choir teacher Jennifer Young and her Second grade students are working hard to prepare for their production honoring President’s Day. The show, which is one of the Lower School’s longest running traditions, includes songs honoring the courage and leadership of the nation’s first president.

Aubrey Kate Buss said, “I’m looking forward to singing the song, ‘Cherry Tree Chop.’”

“My favorite part is when we say, ‘Gotta have a leader, yeah man,” said Zane Roland.

The students are thankful for Mrs. Young and her fun and encouraging spirit. “My favorite parts of the practices are when we get to dance to it. Mrs. Young is a good leader and makes it fun,” said Makayla Forde.

The show will be held Friday, February 17 at 9 a.m. in the Prestonwood Baptist Church choir room.

About the Writer
Taylor Lunsford, Staff Writer

Taylor Lunsford is a Junior enjoying her first year on staff. She loves laughing with her friends, coloring in adult coloring books, being Captain of the Varsity Swim team and traveling. You can follow her on twitter @taylorlunsford_.

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Showstoppers

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Common Ground

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Tall Texans

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

The Weatherkids

• Cub's Corner

Building Confidence

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

More than Mittens

• Dear George

20/20 Photo Galleries

20/20 Lower School P.E. Showcase

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Lions for Little Elm

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Speak Up Lower School

• Dear George

Cub's Corner

Everyone Loves a Parade