Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Jackson Graves
Jackson Graves

Jackson Graves is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a Staff Writer. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, riding bikes, and hanging out with family.

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Keeping Their Heads in the Game

As our Lady Lions are currently undefeated in district, they’re setting their sights on more.
Jackie Dominguez

With a new year comes new hopes and goals for the girls basketball team. This year the girls have been able to beat teams that the program has not been able to beat in a couple years. This has been very inspiring to the girls because this motivates them to work harder every game. If these girls keep up this same energy they will be on the road to state.

With a new season with new players there comes a lot of good things. Junior Allie Swindell says, “The best part of our season was beating Bishop Lynch for the first time in seven years.” To be able to go to Bishop Lynch and beat them for the first time in seven years is a huge accomplishment. These girls should be so proud of themselves. With these types of wins comes things that you should strive for. Senior Londyn Oliphant says, “my goal this year is to win a state championship.” Winning a state championship is one of the most popular goals of a high school student athlete. Everyone wants to be the best in the state and should strive to achieve this accomplishment.

When someone plays a team sport, there are many things that the team improves on. Junior Kamryn Corley says, “I think we have improved on our defense and our communication. Not only the communication on the court but also off the court.” Having good communication as a team is such a key part when playing. This allows people to trust each other and not have to question what to do. Allie says, “I think as a team we have improved on our defense and press that leads to teams turning over the ball.” Everyone knows that defense wins games, so it is important to be strong in your defense. While it is important to improve as a team, it is also important to improve as an individual. Londyn says, “It’s important for me to be a consistent communicator and leader with my teammates.” When you work on the things that you can improve on it makes it better for your team.

The girls basketball team is very excited to go deeper into the season. They cannot wait for the competition they will be facing in the district and how it will challenge them. All the games leading up to state are just stepping stones to get them to the top. The road to state starts now.

About the Contributors
Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley, Co-Sports Editor
Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends in her free time.
Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez, Co Editor In Chief
Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science Olympiad team. Outside of school, she can be found volunteering in the children’s ministry at PBC.