Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Size 16 Shoes to Fill

Defending State Champion Boys Varsity Basketball team looks to new coach and new players to continue winning tradition.
Senior Derrick Flowers flies toward the basket carrying the Trojan defender with him. Derrick came away with 8 points in the 57-37 win over Trinity.
photo by McKenzie Reynolds

Not one, not two, not three, not four, but five state championships in a row. The Boys Varsity  Basketball team now aims for a sixth straight championship. It will be a battle, but the Lions plan on pushing for the ring yet again.

With the graduation of four out of five of last season’s starting lineup including 6’10” Schnider Herard, new Head Coach David Conrady hopes to find a winning combination of experienced players to surround the one returning starter, Sophomore Justin Webster, who already has a college offer from the University of Oklahoma. 

Returning Junior Matthew Escheik said, “Adapting to his style was a little more work than I expected it would be to get used to, but I enjoy his coaching style and think it will be monumental for our success throughout the season.”

The Lions currently rank number 1 in the state according to TAPPS coaches with two district opponents joining them in the top five. With a 6-1 district record, next up is Trinity Christian, Friday at 8 p.m. at TCA. Two tough games await them at the end of the regular season, Bishop Lynch on Feb. 10 and Bishop Dunne on Feb. 14.

Jacob Florsheim, Staff Writer

Jacob Florsheim is the new kid on the block as this is his first year at Prestonwood. He manages the Florsheim Files along with writing other interesting stories. While chauffeuring his little sister around in his truck, he loves to drop by In-n-Out for the juicy burgers and thick shakes.