Lions Take On Panthers

Lions vs. Panthers District Championship

The Prestonwood Lions stand at 6-2 on a 5-game winning streak heading into their rivalry matchup, which will also be the district championship, versus Parish Episcopal. The Lions have outscored their past 3 district opponents, 194-36, and outscored their past 5 opponents 290-65. The Panthers are also undefeated in district and are on a 5 game winning streak as well.

The Lions and Panthers have had 4 similar opponents, both teams winning all of them by impressive amounts. The Trinity vs. Prestonwood Lions allowed only 44 yards along with an interception by safety Junior Campbell Panetti. The Trojans were also able to consistently run the ball on the Panther’s defense even after going down to their fourth string running back.

If the Panther’s run defense plays like that against PCA superstar and potential district OPOY, Junior Caden Collins, they will be in for a long night. The most impressive thing about the Panthers is their offense, especially their offensive line and running back.

The Lions are very solid upfront however, led by the most dominant LB in the state, Senior Hudson Lunsford. The Lions defensive line should also give the Panthers Offensive line some good competition.

Senior Gavin Chen said, “We know they have some good players up front. But if we play like we’ve been playing upfront all year, then we should be fine.” It should be a very interesting and high scoring game by both sides.

The Panthers seek their 5th straight district title in a row, while our Lions look to end that streak. The game starts at 7 p.m, at Gloria H. Snyder stadium found at Parish Episcopal School. The theme for the game is Peace Out the Panthers, so everyone find some tie-dye attire and head on over to the game to cheer on our Lions.