Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Game Time for the Girls

A great way to have friendly competition between the girls in each grade

Each year every grade participates in a competition between the girls, a flag football game. The boys from the football team work together to coach the teams, training the girls so they are ready to compete on the football field. The game this year will be held in mid-April just right before prom.

The matchups are set beforehand as the Freshmen play the Seniors first and the Sophomores play the Juniors next. The winners of these games play each other for the title. Last year, the 2023 class defeated the class of 2022 creating an upset that rarely happens.

“Last year’s victory was really fun, considering Juniors rarely beat the Seniors.” said Senior Ana Lewandowski.

This is one of the biggest events of the spring, as all of high school is really involved, even the guys. The PCA football team helps coach each grade in hope to win a game for their grade. They dress up as coaches during the game with a clipboard for all of the plays being run. The rest of the high school gets to sit in the stands and cheer on their team.

Practices are optional for the teams but most choose to pick a place to practice in order to achieve their goals. Practices usually start two weeks before the big games and really help the grades get ready.

“The practices we have had in the past have really been productive and we have fun.” said Senior Julia Shivers.

This is going to be the first year for the Freshman to play as it is a new high school experience. They are excited to start this tradition as a grade.

“I’m excited to go out there and compete against the upperclassmen while having fun with my grade,” said Freshman Reagan Baker.

Powderpuff is an unforgettable experience that you do not want to miss.

Mackenzie Nolan
Mackenzie Nolan, Staff Writer
Mackenzie Nolan is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff as a Staff Writer. She is a Varsity basketball player and enjoys hanging out with her family when not in school. She plans on attending Grand Canyon University next year to play softball.