Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

President’s Weekend Break Recap

Sharing what students did during their free time on President’s Day Weekend break
Presidents Weekend Break Recap

President’s Day is on February 20, 2023 as a day full of honoring past and present presidents, but also offering us a beneficial day off. President’s Day was started by President George Washington in the year of 1855 to honor each and every individual president, their birthdays, and all of their accomplishments. Schools, government offices, and banks are nationally closed on this day as well, except for in these states: Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.

As a way to honor the former or present presidents, Americans will participate in one of two traditions; eating a cherry pie to celebrate chopping down the cherry tree and taking a moment to read the national Farewell Address by George Washington.

Another way people spend this American holiday weekend is by going on short vacations, sleeping in, catching up on any school work, and more.

Junior Lauren Descombaz said, “I spent my President’s Day Weekend catching up on needed sleep, preparing for spring break, and traveling to and from a Volleyball Tournament in Kansas City.”

The wonderful thing about Presidents Day is that it’s in the middle of a busy spring semester so students and teachers are able to use this time to prepare for the upcoming weeks of Minimester and Spring Break.

Junior Sydney Sexton said, “This weekend was so great because I was able to catch up on all of my school work, spend quality time with my family and friends, and

President’s Day gives everyone the great opportunity to celebrate the nation’s leaders and presidents while also honoring George Washington’s birthday. With this, we are able to partake in all of the President’s day weekend family-friendly activities up until school begins.

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett, Co Editor-In-Chief
Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family and friends.