Nathan Laperi
Nathan Laperi

Nathan Laperi is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as a staff writer. Nathan enjoys playing football and hanging out with friends. Last year, he was on the Yearbook...

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

The New Softball Program

Lady lions gear up for a new season as it’s their first year competing in district.

For the past couple of years, the Lady Lion softball program has been competing as an independent school, but for the first year ever they are competing in a district. New coaches have been a great addition with Interim Head Coach Jeff Nolan and Assistant Tony Lewendowski stepping in. The players are excited to get started and have a great season.

Sophomore Baylee Huprich said, “I am excited for my first year of playing softball at Prestonwood. I love being with the girls.”

The team is composed of four upperclassmen while the rest are lowerclassmen, so the team gets the opportunity to become unified as a whole.

Senior Ana Lewendowski said, “I love being able to lead the team as an upperclassman and get to know all of the sophomores and freshmen.”

The field is located by the STEM garden, along with the PSO facilities. The field itself is newly turfed and the batting cages have been renovated in order to have a productive season.

Sophomore Maddie McDonald said, “The new additions added to the softball field have increased my excitement to play.”

The Lady Lions are ready to compete this year in a district. They have been practicing after school for multiple weeks and are continuing to work hard. Their district play starts the week after spring break, so let’s support them in their monumental season.

Mackenzie Nolan, Staff Writer
Mackenzie Nolan is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff as a Staff Writer. She is a Varsity basketball player and enjoys hanging out with her family when not in school. She plans on attending Grand Canyon University next year to play softball.