Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Loving Gifts

A Way to Make Everyone Feel Loved on a Love Filled Day
Loving+Gifts

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day gifts. When people think of Valentine’s Day they think of celebrating the love between a couple. This holiday is not just a holiday for couples, but it can be for anyone, even friends. Every year, the Upper school library enables people to be able to buy and receive gifts. This year the gifts are spirit shirts, cookies, and lollipops.

When someone gets gifts like this it can make them feel special. Even the gifts that might not look like much can mean a lot.

Receiving these gifts can make people feel happy about themselves and loved.

Junior Claire Moye says, “I remember getting a bag of popcorn my freshman year, and it made me feel so special because it came from my mom; I knew that she was thinking about me.”

“I really enjoy receiving these gifts because they are always put together so well and you can tell someone took their time on them” says Junior Chelsea Martinez.

The look of the gift is very important because that is the first thing people look at when they get it.

Although it feels good to receive gifts, it feels even better when you are the person giving the gift.

Upper School Librarian Tammy Wyss says, “I love getting to see the kids’ faces just light up when getting these gifts.” She helps get the gifts together and distribute them to everyone in the Upper School. Mrs. Wyss says, “I think giving gifts is way better than receiving gifts because I love to make people smile.”

The library gifts have become a long term tradition over the years.

Sherina McKinley, Co-Sports Editor
Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends in her free time.