• April 23 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Dallas Christian School (at Graham Field)
  • April 23 / 5:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Take a Look Inside a Book

Students and the librarian share their excitement about the new, upcoming book club.

If you enjoy reading books, searching for a new hobby, exploring forthcoming authors, or just looking for a way to make friends while taking a journey through the trending book at the moment… look no further.

Upper School Librarian Mrs. Tammy Wyss is offering a brand new book club at 7:45 am every Friday morning. The club will meet on Friday, January 27 and henceforth until further notice. This special club will be located in the Upper School Library where the students will have the opportunity to discuss their personal opinions on the current book they are reading.

Besides just getting some reading in, it also enables students to have the freedom to share what they think about the reading while still developing a deeper understanding and appreciation of it at the same time. This new book club gives students the chance to say yes, enter a friendly, cozy environment, and travel through an exciting novel.

Mrs. Wyss said, “Students prompted me with this idea to begin a book club and ever since then we have been preparing for it. You can either RSVP with me or scan the QR code around the school. We are excited to see how this book club turns out!”

The structure of this book club will be classic, yet creative in a fun way. They will first choose what book they want to read out of a limited selection, independently read while staying on track of the others, and then evaluate their thoughts and discuss after.

Sophomore Audra Lee said, “I had this idea to start a book club after my track meet actually, and am so excited for it to keep me accountable to read more often.”

Despite the early morning wake up call, the best way to start the day is by diving into a new book. Book Club allows students to hear others’ opinions or point of view on the given book which makes it much more interesting.

Junior Audra Davis said, “I am very excited for the library to introduce new titles with variety for us to read.” Audra also helped inspire the idea of a book club and getting it begun.

There is an array of titles that the students are offered to read as a way to expand their imagination whether that is through fiction, nonfiction, or biographies. This new addition will have a positive impact to the school and for the students, especially those who love to read.

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett, Co Editor-In-Chief
Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family and friends.