• April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Go Team USA

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Tis’ the season, and not just the Christmas one. The World Cup, an international soccer tournament that happens once every four years, is back again in 2022. The World Cup brings families and friends together to cheer on their country in an elite soccer match, and provides a sense of comradery amongst soccer fans worldwide.

Junior Aitor Scholl plays for our soccer team, and is a soccer fanatic. He hopes Spain will win, but he thinks Brazil will come out with the trophy. His favorite thing about the World Cup is that it’s a big soccer tournament that everyone watches together.

“I love the World Cup because I’ve had so many moments watching the World Cup with my family and it’s always been a big part of my life. It brings back a lot of memories for me.” says Aitor.

Even our faculty is interested in the World Cup. Upper School Logic and Worldviews Teacher Mr. Marc Rose loves soccer and avidly follows the World Cup. He hopes the US or Brazil will win, but he thinks Brazil will pull through for the win. He loves the World Cup because he likes soccer and how it connects so many people.

“My favorite thing about the World Cup is that national teams allow everyone to have a team to cheer for,” says Mr. Rose.

The US National Men’s Team just pulled off a shocking tie against soccer powerhouse England and a crucial win against Iran in order to advance to the round of 16. Soccer fans throughout America are thrilled and excited for America to still be in the tournament, and there are high hopes for a win this year.

No matter who wins, the World Cup is still an exciting race from start to finish that people of all ages and nationalities can enjoy. Be sure to tune in, and cheer on team USA.