Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley

Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out...

Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Interview New Girls Soccer Coach

Welcome Coach Stef Van Meerveld
Interview New Girls Soccer Coach

Meet the New Girls Soccer Coach
Welcome Coach Stef Van Meerveld
By Sherina McKinley, Staff Writer

The start of the 2022-2023 girls soccer season has opened a new chapter by introducing the new head coach, Stef Van Meerveld. He is from the Netherlands and moved to the United States in 2001 to become a soccer missionary.

At the age of 28, he finished playing Division 2 soccer to pursue what God called him to do which was to serve. He served all over the United States coaching church based camps. From 2006 to 2016 he served through the soccer ministry overseas and in the United States. From 2016 to -2022 he served in different cities such as Cleveland, Southern California, and now Dallas.

He has more than 20 years of coaching experience and has coached at every level possible. He has coached girls, boys, men, and women’s soccer. He helped take the DBU women’s soccer team to the National Final 4 last season. From the National Team to grassroots soccer he has done it all. He has conducted coaching courses and played soccer in more than 50 countries.

He has a master of Arts in Global Leadership from Fuller Seminary, and a Master of Business Administration from the Netherlands. He first connected with Prestonwood through providing soccer skills classes with the Prestonwood Sports Organization. He has also served as a referee and has earned many coaching badges such as: Advanced National Diploma (United Soccer Coaches), B License (United States Soccer Federation), UEFA B License (KNVB Dutch Federation), and Futsal III License (KNVB Dutch Federation).

Coach Meerveld said,“I want to build a legacy, not only for the girls future but for the future of the program.” He wants this legacy to be there for future generations to come. While also helping develop the girls so that they can have fun and enjoy soccer. In the end it’s about growing with God through soccer and playing for God.

Sherina McKinley, Co-Sports Editor
Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends in her free time.