Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

Justin is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. He serves as a Sports Editor. He enjoys basketball and football, and also loves music and fashion.

LNO Reviews: New IPads

The Student Body Discusses Their Preference of iPads or Laptops

As of this year, PCA has made the leap from laptops to iPads, a bit of a controversial change. The Ipads are amazing for certain things, and so are the laptops. It ultimately comes down to the preference of the student or teacher. Certain classes use the IPads more, while other classes used the laptops more.

There are many different opinions about getting iPads this year.

Sophomore Remy Lytle says, “I like the iPads because it is easier to do and turn homework in, but I miss having the Spotify app on my computer.”

A common theme amongst students is missing certain applications that were available on the computers. Senior Marvin Matesun says that “They can probably reduce the restrictions to make the iPads more useful.” It is evident that there are so many restrictions on the Ipad that may make it harder for students to complete certain assignments.

There are certain applications that are best for certain assignments and certain classes. Sophomore Campbell Panetti says that, “the Notability app on the iPads has motivated me to take more notes and engage in my math homework. It makes it easier for me to turn in my math homework.” Remy Lytle says, “My favorite feature on the iPads is the coloring feature on notability.” Notability has been a fan favorite app during the course of the school year, not only for taking notes and doing assignments, but also for relaxing and doing coloring pages.

The staff has also gathered their own opinions and preferences on whether they prefer the iPads or the Laptops. Upper School Technology Teacher Mrs. Kelley Mcleod says, “I prefer the iPads because the touch screen makes it very convenient for students to edit photos more effectively.” The technology department as a whole enjoys the iPads for the purposes of photoshop, and taking and editing photos more effectively.

Overall it seems as though the iPads are liked more than the laptops. Each has unique features that made them both the best in their own way. The iPads seem to be more convenient for doing assignments, taking notes, and overall enjoyment for the student body and staff. The real question is, which do you prefer?

Alexis Wilson
    Alexis Wilson, Staff Writer
    Alexis Wilson is a Junior, and it is her first year on the LionNationOnline Staff, serving as a Staff Writer. She plays tennis in her spare time.