Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Signing Day 2022

Student Athletes sign to go on to the next level
YInghao Ho
Trace Norfleet and his family posing for a photo at his table at the Signing Day.

There are days when students will sign to go on to the next level throughout the year. This next signing day, four athletes will sign for different sports to different schools. This allows athletes to play their sport in college and continue their education. It is a fantastic opportunity to play sports at these colleges and commit to going there. It was their goal to play in college for these athletes, and it is a great accomplishment.

The four athletes that will be signing are Trace Norfleet, Nadia Thomas, Jayce Howell, and Dylan Brown. Trace and Jayce are both signing to play football. Trace will be playing at Rice University, and Jayce will be playing at Angelo State University. Nadia Thomas will be running track for Southern University. Dylan will be playing baseball for Southern Arkansas University Tech. 

This is an exciting time for those students as they will compete in their sport at the next level. Senior Trace Norfleet said, “It has been a huge blessing being able to sign to play football for Rice University. I’m extremely excited to push myself to be better both on the field and off for my college career and to continue playing the sport that I love. I couldn’t have been where I am today without my loving family and all of my coaches from middle school to high school that have mentored me along the way.” 

Senior Nadia Thomas said, “I would say it feels great to have the opportunity to compete at the next level. I know I have had a lot of people who love me and have sacrificed for me throughout the years for me to get to this point on and off the track and I am excited to create new relationships with my teammates and be able to continue to push myself to new limits.” It’s great to see how the seniors who are signing are graduating and are getting to continue to play their sport.

Signing Day ceremonies are exciting and a great way to represent and commend the athletes as they move on to the next level. The ceremony is held on a Wednesday during the activity period in front of the whole student body. It’s a special time as friends and family get to cheer on and congratulate the athlete signing. We are proud to congratulate them and look forward to following their athletic careers in the future.

About the Contributors
Lauren DenBraber
Lauren DenBraber, Staff Writer
Lauren DenBraber is a sophomore and first year-member on the LionNationOnline Staff where she serves as a Staff Writer. She is on the Science Olympiad team and is involved in FPS. She loves swimming on the PCA swim team and also loves hanging out with her dog, Bailey.  
YInghao Ho
YInghao Ho, Editor In Chief
Yinghao Ho is a Senior and second-year member of Lion-Nation-Online. He is an avid photographer and can be found after school taking photos at most school events. Outside of school he spends a lot of time gaming, streaming, editing, and can often be found among the band swinging a flag at alarming speeds.