Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Izzy Anderson
Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is a sophomore and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys playing soccer for her school and traveling with her family. When she is not traveling...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving Nears, We Ask What Everyone is Doing
Clipart
Thanksgiving is the time of year where people choose to be thankful for what they have

Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, football, thankfulness, food and traditions. With football games and Thanksgiving parades to watch, delicious food and spending quality time with your friends or family, Thanksgiving is a day full of fun, laughter and cherished memories in the making. Families and friends all around America spend the day enjoying the company of loved ones and reminiscing on what they have been blessed with.

Thanksgiving traditions are one of the many things that make Thanksgiving such a special time for families all around the United States. Senior, Matthew Mitchell says that he enjoys “watching the Thanksgiving Parade” Macy’s puts on with his family every year. Sophomore, Paytyn Ferrell says her family has “a big meal and has lemon icebox pie.” Thanksgiving traditions hold a special place in people’s hearts.

When people think of Thanksgiving, one of the first things that pop in their head is the Thanksgiving meal. Thanksgiving would not be the same without the smell of the delicious assortment of savory and sweet foods coming from the kitchen. Sophomore, Paytyn Ferrell also says it would have to be “mashed potatoes!” Sophomore Lauren DenBraber says an essential food item for Thanksgiving “would have to be Turkey.” Senior Matthew Mitchell says he “likes the ham personally.” Sitting around the table enjoying good food is a great way for people to come together in community with one another. 

With all the craziness of life, it is hard to stop and take the time to enjoy the little things we have been blessed with. Thanksgiving is a day where we are able to slow down and enjoy and be thankful for the things that we sometimes take for granted. No matter how your family decides to spend Thanksgiving, it is a great time for community and memories with the ones we hold most dear.

Macy Dale
Macy Dale, Staff Writer
Macy Dale is a senior and first-year member on the LionNationOnline staff serving as a Staff Writer. She has been the manager of the award-winning PCA POM team. She also is involved in Student Leadership Institute. Outside of school, she enjoys reading, writing, and hanging with her family.