• April 19 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Parish (at Graham Field)
  • April 19 / 4:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Home)

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Jackson Graves
Jackson Graves

Jackson Graves is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a Staff Writer. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, riding bikes, and hanging out with family.

Valentine’s Day

Love is An Open Door To A Local Restaurant…
Junior+Max+Ruley+gives+details+on+area+restaurants+to+visit+on+Valentines+Day.+
Jessica Florsheim
Junior Max Ruley gives details on area restaurants to visit on Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day can be one of the most special days of the year if you take your valentine, or your valentine takes you to a special place to eat. There are various places for dinner, depending upon your budget. Whether it is somewhere luxurious, or somewhere to sit down and have a good meal, it is always important to eat at the right place.
For Valentine’s Day this year, I will not be able to take my girlfriend to dinner because I will be out of town. While she is very understanding, it was important to me that she knew that I put thought into alternative plans to celebrate the holiday. If you find yourself in the same boat, one idea could be to take your special someone to breakfast. One of our favorite places to eat breakfast is Snooze, off of Belt Line Road. They have some of the most unique and best tasting options for breakfast. My first choice is normally the chocolate chip pancakes, which are great for sharing with your valentine. Another great place for breakfast is Nest, off of Warren Pkwy. My favorite types of breakfast from here are the multiple and fun choices of waffles. The S’more waffles and the Nutella are my first choices. This current and up-to-date option is an excellent place to eat great food.
Those who will be in town on Valentine’s Day can head to dinner to celebrate with their special someone. There are a plethora of choices in our area available for couples with ranging budgets. If you are someone with a more robust budget, some of the nicer steakhouses are my favorite. While pricey, Nick and Sam’s, in my opinion, is one of the best steakhouse restaurants in the area. Their steaks are cooked impeccably with some of the coolest desserts on the market. Another great choice to impress your significant other at a higher price-point is Dee Lincoln Prime. Their prices are a bit lower than Nick and Sam’s, but the food quality is definitely not lower. The steak is top-of-the-line, and their new “sushi pizza” dish is delicious.
With a decent budget, more options are on the table. Maggiano’s, with two locations next to both The Shops at Willow Bend and NorthPark Center, is one of my favorite Italian restaurants with reasonable prices and various Italian dish choices for an enjoyable time. The possibilities are endless on the menu, ranging from salads to steak and pasta. Another delicious place is Whiskey Cake located in Plano near Parker and the Tollway. I found the price points to also be quite reasonable. The service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was fun and enjoyable. The food is a farm-to-table concept and the chicken and waffles is their signature dish. I highly recommend it. With a lower price point with still good options, Palio’s is a great spot for dinner. The pizza is excellent for sharing depending on your appetite. One of my favorites is Frank’s Buffalo Chicken pizza. It brings out all the flavors of buffalo chicken incorporated into a pizza. Palio’s is located off of Preston Road in Plano. With all these delicious choices, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day enjoying a great meal with your special someone.

About the Contributors
Max Ruley
Max Ruley, Sports Editor
Max Ruley is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as the Sports Editor. He has a job at Scheel’s and enjoys hanging out with his friends any chance he gets. He is playing soccer this year and is going to do his best not to let the team down, since he has not played since he was little. He can’t wait to make the Newspaper class have the most fun possible.
Jessica Florsheim
Jessica Florsheim, Editor-in-Chief
Jessica Florsheim is a Senior and third-year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves our staff as the Editor-in-Chief. She nannies two kids in Lower School during the week and hangs out with her friends and studies super hard on the weekends.