Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley

Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Week of Monday, February 3rd – Friday, February 7th

Announcements

02/03/2020 – 02/07/2020

Minimester

East Asia/Romania – meeting today (February 3rd) in the mock trial room during activity period.

Paris/Normandy – meeting Friday (February 7th) in Mrs. Stephens room during activity period. Please let Mrs. Stephens, Mr. Azzi, or Mr. Rose know if you cannot attend.

Cuba – meeting Friday (February 7th) in Miss de Leon’s room during activity period.

Athletics

Our last girls district home game is this coming Tuesday (February 4th) night. They are currently sitting in first place and we will have another silent night! Dress up rules apply. See you at 6pm in the field house!

Pom Premier is this Thursday (February 6th) in the field house! Come join Pom and watch them perform all of their competition routines to prepare for competition. See you at 7pm!

Extra Information

The NHS is conducting a diaper drive benefiting Prestonwood Pregnancy Center starting Monday, February 3rd through Friday, February 7th. Please sizes 2, 3, or 4 diapers each morning to the lobby of the school where an NHS member will accept your donation. We thank you, PPC thanks you, and the babies thank you!

Student Leadership Institute (SLI) – On Tuesday, February 4th, all SLI students in grades 9-12 will meet in the SLC during activity period for grade-level peer voting. Students will also sign up for their SLI spring seminar courses. This is a mandatory meeting. Please be on time and remember to sign up.

This past weekend the speech team competed in our last invitational for the season at Colleyville Heritage Winter Invitational and did extremely well. Katie Kittredge placed first in POI and second in Informative Speaking, Bryson Frank got fourth in Domestic Extemp and fifth in Congressional Debate, while Bettina Devadoss placed sixth in Humorous Interp. With the help of Paloma Diaz-Menshew, Javier Picazo and Dominic Gluskin, PCA took fifth place in Sweepstakes for our first time! Thank you each and every one of you and on to districts, then state, and Nationals!

Prestonwood Baptist Church has a great passion for people with special needs. For the past several years, we have partnered with the Tim Tebow Foundation to bring Night to Shine, an incredible prom night experience centered on God’s love for people with special needs ages 14 and older, to the Plano area.

We are in need of buddies (ages 16 and older) for our special prom guests. As a buddy, you have the amazing opportunity to help a special friend enjoy their Night to Shine. Please click this link to register as a volunteer for this amazing event and to access the volunteer training video so you will know exactly what the night will look like. We hope to see you there! 1. You must be 16 or older to volunteer 2. You have to register online to volunteer

Students, PSAT scores were distributed yesterday. If you did not pick up your scores at that time, please stop by the guidance office and pick them up.

to the following students on accomplishing the Student Incentive Program for Quarter 2.  Each student has maintained a 90 or above grade point average for the quarter with no referrals.  These students will be rewarded for their accomplishments with Spirit Dress (jeans and PCA Spirit Shirt) the week next week (February 10-14 with the exception of Thursday (Chapel Dress Code).  Students will be having an ice cream party on Thursday, Feb. 13th the last 5-10 minutes of lunch in the atrium of the SLC.

Important Dates

February 7th – Prestonwood would like to invite you to join us for Night to Shine, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation.

Colleges

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college!

Rebekah Bynum, Penn State University

Paloma Diaz-Minshew, Pepperdine University

Katie Kittredge, Biola University

Dennis Phillips, Miami University

Maddie Pratt, Texas A&M University

Emma Stephens
Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.