• April 19 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Parish (at Graham Field)
  • April 19 / 4:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Home)

Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley

Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Week of Monday, January 13th – Friday, January 17th

Announcements

01/13/2020 – 01/17/2020

Minimester:

East Asia Minimester – meeting on Monday during Activity Period in the Mock Trial/Speech classroom.

Cuba Minimester – meeting on Friday during Activity Period in Miss de Leon’s room.

Dominican Republic Girls Minimester – meeting on Friday during Activity Period in the Grogan Conference Room.

Denver Minimesterd – room request forms are due the morning of Friday, January 17th.  Please drop them off with Mrs. Holden at the reception desk.

Clubs and Meetings:

The first SLi meeting of the semester will be on Tuesday, Jan. 14 during activity period from 9:15-9:55 a.m.  We will be meeting by grade levels and begin our LPI sessions.  (Leadership Practices Inventory) This is a mandatory meeting for all SLi students.    Please be on time and remember to sign in.  Students will meet in the following location:

9th grade – Fieldhouse

10th grade – Choir Room

11th grade – Horner

12th grade – Dr. Navarro’s room – U139

JOIN US during activity period on Friday, January 17th in Doctora’s room for our monthly International Justice Mission club meeting! We’ll be discussing ways to involve yourself in fundraising, advocacy, outreach, and communications as well as praying together for this important issue.

Fine Arts:

The first show in PCA’s Black Box Theatre will be this weekend on Friday, January 17 at 7:30 and Saturday, January 18 at 1:30 and 7:30 pm.   Silent Sky, presented by PCA Theatre’s senior class, is a true story about the women at Harvard Observatory who first discovered how to measure distance in the universe.  Tickets are $10, general admission, and available at www.prestonwoodchristian.org/boxoffice

Athletics:

Track 2020 season is here. Practice starts Monday January 13th at 3:40pm. Come out and join the PCA Track Lions for another exciting season. Meet coach Stoutmire at the track!

PSO Soccer is looking for certified referees for the spring soccer season. To get certified, register for this class: https://ntxreferees.gameofficials.net/public/class/classRegister.cfm?classID=30721 and contact Jenny Bessonette at [email protected] after you are certified to be added to the referee database.

Spring Sports Meeting TONIGHT! Anyone interested in Middle or Upper School spring sports must have one parent attend the Spring Sports Parent Meeting and Team Breakout on Monday, January 13th at 6:30 PM in the Horner Training Center. This meeting includes MS & US Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field and US Golf. Please make sure your parents are aware of this important meeting!

Extra Information:

Today is the last day to make a schedule change.  Please see Mrs. Sparks in the Guidance office.

PCA computer cases (blue or gray) are required on school devices. If your case is broken, please bring it to the Help Desk for replacement.

Looking for extra money to pay for Minimester or just need extra spending money? Juniors and Seniors are now able to turn applications for helping in Middle School Extended Care for 2-5 days per week. If interested, please email Mr. Armstrong at [email protected]

Colleges:

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college!

Luke Franklin, DePaul University and Pepperdine University

Taylor Gustafson, University of North Texas

Brody Humphries, Texas A&M University

Katie Kittredge, California Baptist University, Gordon College, Wheaton College

Dennis Phillips, Drake University

Leighton Strawbridge, John Cabot University

Riley Wiest, Texas Christian University

Michelle Xu, Texas Christian University

Emma Stephens
Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.