Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Week of Monday, December 9th – Friday, December 13th

Upper School Announcements

12/09/2019-12/13/2019

Fine Arts:

What a fantastic weekend for the PCA speech team. Spread across the state of Texas, our competitors took on Congressional debate in Austin at the National tournament held at UT Austin and a local invitational at Creekview HS. Bryson Frank took home 5th out of a large field of debaters on Austin.Congratulations, Bryson. The other tournament was held at Creekview, and we did fantastically. Jack Dunnigan placed fourth in domestic extemp, Paloma Diaz-Minshew won 3rd in impromptu speaking, while Katie Kittredge made herself known by taking 4th in POI Program of Oral Interp), 1st place in Informative Speaking and was considered “The Best Overall Speaker” for all of the IE events. Praise God!!! We give him all the glory while congratulating these kids.

Minimester:

The Dominican Republic Girls Minimester trip will meet Wednesday at noon in the Grogan Conference Room.  Lunch will be provided.

Clubs and Groups:

FPS Scenario authors 10-12 grade: Entries are due this week! Decisions on who goes to state will be decided next week!

College Acceptances:

Maddie Doyle, Louisiana State University

Kyle Galloway, Coastal Carolina University, Jacksonville University, Lynn University, Samford University and Stetson University

Nathan Galloway, Millsaps College

Jenna Gile, Auburn  University

Hunter Hall, Texas State University

Taylor Halliburton, University of North Texas, Texas Christian University

Graham Hill, University of Arkansas

Chaz Mayhew, University of Arkansas

Donovan McManus, University of Oklahoma

Zack Mockler, University of Oklahoma and University of Arkansas and Texas A&M University

JB Moore, University of Arkansas, University of Mississippi, Texas Tech University

Anna Murray, Texas A&M University

Roman Piatas, Southern Methodist University

Rebekah Rohn, Auburn University

Michelle Xu, Southern Methodist University

Emma Stephens
Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.