• April 23 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Dallas Christian School (at Graham Field)
  • April 23 / 5:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Shut Out

Boys Varsity Soccer defeats Liberty Christian 1-0 for first district win.
photo by Susan Robison
Senior Alex Song battles for a goal against Liberty Christian. The Lions defeated the Warriors, 1-0.

Rising temperatures brought fans out to Lions Stadium to watch the Boys Varsity Soccer team battle Liberty Christian.

After the coin toss, the players took the field. The Lions started the game strong, unleashing over a dozen shots against Liberty in the first 20 minutes. However, Liberty’s keeper managed to keep them out of goal.

With the game still 0-0 and 10 minutes remaining in the first half, Senior Ryan Chow was fouled inside the penalty box, resulting in a penalty kick. Senior Chance Fielder stepped up and scored the penalty, making it 1-0.

Chance said, “It was nice scoring my first district goal of the year and putting us in the lead.”

The teams continued to exchange shots and, as the last 30 minutes began, Liberty Christian tried to use the wind to their advantage. However, with great goalkeeping by Junior Danilo Vilani, the shots were kept from going in.

In the closing minutes, the home side managed to keep Liberty scoreless. Time expired and the Lions celebrated a 1-0 victory.

Junior Cody Morris said, “We played very well, keeping a clean sheet and getting the district win. If we continue this play, we should be a dominant team in district.”

It was the first district win for the Boys Varsity Soccer team.

The Lions have since notched another district win over Bishop Lynch, 2-1. The next home game is Thursday, February 2, when they play Trinity Christian at 6:30 p.m.

Gavin McManus
Gavin McManus, Managing Editor
Gavin McManus is a Junior and the Sports Managing Editor. This is his second year on staff, and he plans on being an editor next year as well. He plays soccer and loves to be involved in numerous clubs such as FBLA, STEM and FPS.