Jackson Graves
Jackson Graves

Jackson Graves is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a Staff Writer. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, riding bikes, and hanging out with family.

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez
Co-Sports Editor

Justin is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. He serves as a Sports Editor. He enjoys basketball and football, and also loves music and fashion.

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Dear George

Second grade ready to celebrate President’s Day with traditional “Let George Do It” musical
photo from Lion’s Lair archives
Coach Chris Cunningham makes a guest appearance as George Washington for “Let George Do It.”

First in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of our second graders. Colonial costumes, white wigs and George Washington himself can all be found at the upcoming musical “Let George Do It.”

Choir teacher Jennifer Young and her Second grade students are working hard to prepare for their production honoring President’s Day. The show, which is one of the Lower School’s longest running traditions, includes songs honoring the courage and leadership of the nation’s first president.

Aubrey Kate Buss said, “I’m looking forward to singing the song, ‘Cherry Tree Chop.’”

“My favorite part is when we say, ‘Gotta have a leader, yeah man,” said Zane Roland.

The students are thankful for Mrs. Young and her fun and encouraging spirit. “My favorite parts of the practices are when we get to dance to it. Mrs. Young is a good leader and makes it fun,” said Makayla Forde.

The show will be held Friday, February 17 at 9 a.m. in the Prestonwood Baptist Church choir room.

Taylor Lunsford, Staff Writer
Taylor Lunsford is a Junior enjoying her first year on staff. She loves laughing with her friends, coloring in adult coloring books, being Captain of the Varsity Swim team and traveling. You can follow her on twitter @taylorlunsford_.