Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Going ManeStream

Going+ManeStream

Just like GPS replaced paper maps, email replaced mail, streaming music replaced CDs and cell phones replaced everything from alarm clocks to cameras to calculators to watches and flashlights, the Pride Press has been replaced by LionNationOnline.

Taking advantage of technology to make things quicker, easier, and more up-to-date, the paper has moved online with fresh content and breaking news just a click away. And there’s even an app coming soon!

As the Pride Press retires, LionNationOnline, or LNO, has been born to give students access to more features and news than the Pride Press could ever provide. Moving online creates easy access for students and the ability to update news more frequently.

Editor-in-Chief Senior Hannah Mathes said, “We hope to be the go-to place for news, opinions, entertainment and sports information. We will also have the essentials like Upper School announcements, schedules and menus all easily accessible for any student.”

Compared to the Pride Press, LionNationOnline will give students a stronger voice. A feature called “Voices” will allow students to share their opinions on issues. “Take Away” will be updated weekly giving chapel feedback. “Take a Stand” will be published online, giving students an outlet to share their stories and testimonies.

“Through LNO, students can actually learn something new and real questions can be raised,” said Hannah.

LionNationOnline will also feature interactive video segments with students. Junior Jacob Florsheim will ask students engaging questions in a video feature called the “Florsheim Files.”

Jacob said, “I can’t wait to talk to new people while learning new things about them at the same time.”

Sports scores, game summaries, news briefs, and student life features will be more timely. The arts and entertainment section will include reviews and information on the school’s Fine Arts.

LNO will include fun features like cooking tutorials in a video featured called “Mix It Up.” Polls and their results will be posted online. Tired of Buzzfeed? LNO will give you new quizzes to take in “Pop Quiz.”

Many signature features of the Pride Press will live on in the new online version. “The Grid” will continue as will “Sweet Tweets and Grams,” “The Couch,” and “#trending & #ending.” Lower School and Middle School sections will continue and include more work by the students themselves.

The Pride Press chronicled the formative years of this school, and that will not be forgotten. But, with improved technology going online creates opportunities that the printed paper never allowed.

“We will be able to assess situations, cite multiple sources and update stories to provide coverage that is comprehensive rather than basic,” said Hannah.

As a staff, we look forward to the challenges ahead.

Susan Robison, Staff Writer
First-year Staff Writer Susan Robison, subject of many jokes, enjoys sleeping often. In her free time she plays with her pup, Biscuit, and bakes a wide variety of goods for her friends (and foes). Her favorite movies are comedies - she loves a good laugh. Party at Susan’s!