Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

PUMPkin’ Up the Jams

If it’s fall, it must be pumpkin time. Here are some great ideas to get your pumpkin fix.

Come fall, pumpkin trumps all. Whether carving, eating or smelling, the prevalence of pumpkin is pertinent during autumn.

Fall is a time comprised of trees with brightly colored leaves, sweaters, cooler days and a crowd-favorite theme– pumpkin. From delicious pumpkin treats to pumpkin candles to pumpkin carving, autumn is simply not complete without an appropriate dose of all things pumpkin.

Pumpkin carving is a favorite activity when fall rolls around. Whether having a fun night with your friends carving pumpkins and watching movies or having an annual pumpkin carving day with your family, it is an activity you do not want miss out on.

“I love carving pumpkins each year because it’s so much fun attacking the pumpkins and sharing fun memories with friends as we create our masterpieces” said Senior Joy Wada.

There is nothing like the soothing scent of a pumpkin candle. Go to Yankee Candle, Target or Bath and Body Works to find an array of different smelling pumpkin candles such as Pumpkin Buttercream, Pumpkin Ginger Bark and classic Pumpkin Pie. These scents will give your dining room, bedroom or bathroom just the smell it needs to satisfy your autumn-loving hearts.

“Pumpkin candles bring me a cozy feeling that reminds me of home,” said Sophomore Bailey Going.

Do not let your Thanksgiving table be void of a delicious pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a classic fall treat that people only ever really eat around this time of year. The beautiful blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and other spices make up this wonderful fall treat to be completed with a glass of milk.

“Pumpkin pie brings me comfort any time of the year, but I especially love baking it come fall,” said History teacher Ms. Cindy de Leon.

Starbucks also provides a large array to satisfy every single one of your sweet pumpkin cravings during the season. Crowd-favorite pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin spice Frappuccino, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin muffin, and that is just to name a few.

“My fall is not complete without a pumpkin spice latte” said Senior Honor Ridings.

Get cozy on your couch with a good book, a warm pumpkin spice latte, and a creamy pumpkin cream cheese muffin, and make your fall one to remember by enjoying each of these fun pumpkin treats.

Melanie Scott, Staff Writer
Melanie is a Senior and this is her first year to write for LionNationOnline.