Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Izzy Anderson
Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is a sophomore and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys playing soccer for her school and traveling with her family. When she is not traveling...

Five Fall Fairs and Festivals

With cooler weather, here are fun outdoor events for friends to enjoy.

Autumn at the Arboretum

8525 Garland Rd, Dallas, TX 75218
Dates: Now – November 22

With over 90,000 pumpkins, squash, and gourds, the Dallas Arboretum invites visitors to stop and smell the roses. The Arboretum greets guests with fall colors and unique activities such as high tea and concerts as well as a spectacular view of White Rock Lake. Photo ops pop up all around, so don’t miss the chance for that perfect fall pic at Autumn at the Arboretum.

State Fair of Texas

Fair Park, 3921 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas, TX 75210
Date: Now – October 22

The State Fair is one of the most authentic, Texan experiences the state offers. The state’s largest cowboy, Big Tex, greets guests from the top of the Midway while cattle, corn dogs, concerts and craft contests offer something for everyone. From fried Oreos to fried chicken noodle soup, there is also food for every mood. The bright lights of the Midway draw in guests to the thrill rides, Texas-sized Ferris wheel and carnival games. There is nothing like the smell of fresh, crispy funnel cake or winning that giant Sponge Bob, so get over there for some fried goodness and fun.

Cottonwood Art Festival

Cottonwood Park, 1301 W. Belt Line Rd, Richardson, TX 75080
Date: October 7 – 8

This festival not only offers free admission, but also fun, hands-on activities such as working with clay and painting. Over 1,000 artists’ work will be shown, and there is something for everyone. Music, food, and unique art will make for an awesome experience for all the senses.

Smokin’ Blues and BBQ Festival

Armstrong Park, 100 James Collins Blvd, Duncanville, TX 75116
Dates: October 13 – 14

Expect great, bluesy music and smoky barbecue–a perfect duo. Enter the barbecue competition to show off smokin’ skills, and enjoy the concerts Friday night and all day Saturday. Barbeque and other food vendors will abound for those who would rather pig out than grill out.

ArmeniaFest

St. Sarkis Armenian Church, 1805 Random Rd., Carrollton, TX 75006

Date: October 13-15

Located east of Turkey, Armenia is a country full of rich culture and flavor. ArmeniaFest brings those rich tastes to Carrollton. Bring some friends and grab some Baklava while you are there. As a bonus, Junior Sabeen Toranian will be there performing a cultural Armenian dance.

Lexi Colan, Managing Editor
Lexi Colan is a Senior, and this is her second year on the LionNationOnline staff.  She enjoys watching Rom-Coms and taking long walks on the beach. You can often find her playing tennis or tearing up the dance floor at any occasion.