• April 23 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Dallas Christian School (at Graham Field)
  • April 23 / 5:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Big Win

Girls Varsity Basketball wins over Ursuline as part of a five game win streak.
photo by Jeremy Miller
Freshman Morgan Hervey fights for the shot before being fouled by the Ursuline defense. The Lions defeated Ursuline, 78-23.

The lights turned on, the bleachers came out and, as the fans arrived, the Girls Varsity Basketball team warmed up, preparing for what would be a big win over Ursuline.

The Lady Lions won the tip off and scored their first 10 points quickly.

Sophomore Payton Hicks said, “We started off the game strong which allowed us to be the dominant team all game.”

However, even though the offense dominated, the defense was the true force in helping them take the lead, holding Ursuline scoreless on numerous drives.

As time passed, the deficit only grew. Halftime found the Lady Lions up, 44-12.

In the second half, they continued to open up the lead while rotating players around, allowing them to keep players injury free.

The final horn sounded with the Lions winning, 78-23, over Ursuline Academy.

Junior Jasmine Barnes said, “It was nice finishing off the week with a big win at home. Hopefully, we can do the same in the next few weeks as we take on other opponents in district.”

And as district play continued, the Lady Lions continued winning with victories over Bishop Dunne, Liberty Christian and John Paul II. Now at a five game win streak, the team takes on Trinity Christian, Friday, January 27 at 6:30 p.m. at TCA.

Gavin McManus
Gavin McManus, Managing Editor
Gavin McManus is a Junior and the Sports Managing Editor. This is his second year on staff, and he plans on being an editor next year as well. He plays soccer and loves to be involved in numerous clubs such as FBLA, STEM and FPS.